Ok, I’ve been using IOS4 for a week now. I’m not overly impressed with the fact the battery life seems to be far worse than it was before and that’s with the so called “task manager” empty.
The task manager is more like a recently used program list, as when you load up an app from there it seems to start it from the beginning. This maybe that some apps have not been updated to work with the task manager though. Time will tell!
The good side is I like the red squiggly spell check line when writing emails which is identical to MS Office (fig1). Then if you click on the line you get a list of possible options. (fig2)
The folders is the most obvious addition and I love it! It took a while to get used to after I OCD’D them. However know I don’t understand why they wasn’t an option in previous versions.
The camera changes haven’t really been used, as I very rarely use the camera at all!
As for the problems I mentioned in the first review, Google fixed these the very next day. So my email, Calender and contact sync’ing is now all back up and running flawlessly.
That is about it for my thoughts on it!
Well I upgraded to IOS4 this evening and so far I’m impressed. It’s left my phone looking at lot tidier (some may say OCD’ed)
However I’m waiting to see on battery life if the multitasking has any affect. I’ve read you can only have 7 apps open in the background which I guess is a good thing although does it have to be that many? I know I don’t use that many apps throughout a day or possibly even in a week.
I like the possibility of having different backgrounds although once again am slightly concerned about the detrimental effects on the already somewhat lacking battery!
The down side is its broken my Google Domain Apps email and calendar syncing. I’ve had a look on Google answers and it appears Google do not support IOS4 at the moment but they are working on it. As I’m in front of a pc normally between 9am – 6pm give or take. It’s not too much of an issue.
I will post a more detailed right up on IOS4 in a week’s time when I’ve had more of a chance to tinker with it, and find out more about what it can and can’t do. But So far I’m happy to say I’m impressed!
I’ve been playing with Adobe CS5 today. Edited a couple of pictures with varying degrees of success. However ive uploaded my favourite and will upload the rest when I get time.
After hacking the template files I have managed to get some links to display in the blogroll on the left. Ive also added a links page which will display links I still like but don’t want to display on every page. These may also change every now and again depending on how I feel!
After all the grief I had earlier this year with Vodafone about getting my money back on a sure signal (which I did) I also bought a sure signal as my signal didnt improve at home. I now wonder how I lived without it!
This blog post by Mark Wilson does the business. I need say no more…..
I have just noticed that if you loose your internet connection. (Which I do every night when my Linksys 54G dd-wrt Router restarts at 3am.) Then the suresignal seems to need a reboot to get it to reconnect. However I got around this by plugging it into the Orange Adsl Router which is before the Linksys.
Today I’ve been quite productive.
- I have gone through loads of crap in the old office of a sister company ready for the move into my office in a fortnights time. I managed to get 4 3ft floor to ceiling jam packed cupboards down to a pile of cd’s and a few power cables for various things; Should make the move easier.
- I also finalised a lot more details for the move. including an actual date when they’re moving in, fortunately this gives me an extra day after my week off to get everything sorted.
- I have finally booked Lisa’s and my hotel for our weekend in Brussels this weekend (http://www.royalwindsorbrussels.com/ – For anyone who wants to take a look)
- I have sought out and found a driving instructor in hope of having passed before this new test comes along in October.
- I have got my old HP Nc6320 Laptop back up and working after 18months under the bed. All it needed was a new power supply ordered off eBay last week. I gave it a fresh install of windows xp as well to give it a whole new lease of life. Needless to say I’m not quite sure why I need another laptop at home so it may end up for sale soon!
- I have tidied up this site, installed a new theme and removed loads of crappy widgets I installed in the past. I also decided to change the address of the site, however I changed my mind and then promptly changed it back again (which was a waste of time I admit!) I’ve also added a few new links to the links column which you can’t see yet whilst I’m waiting for permission from the blog/website owners.
After all that, I’m off to bed. See you on the flipside.